Leviathan is growing quickly and seeking a Business Development Manager to continue our forward momentum. Pursuing opportunities including branded environments, events/trade-shows, themed entertainment, retail and public spaces, this role will help to identify, qualify and nurture relationships with a wide variety of global brands, as well as drive awareness of our organization through media and events.
Leviathan is a Chicago-based design agency that creates engaging narrative content and experiences for brands and entertainers. We combine our skills in broadcast, interactive and experiential design with diverse clientele such as consumer-facing brands, TV networks, themed entertainment venues, and artists. We combine world-class expertise in strategy, design and technology across our 3 consultancies to create a more connected future for our partners.
- Five years of experience in a creative/design agency or consulting capacity.
- Experience working with any of the following is a plus: architecture, events, themed entertainment/museums, branded environments, audiovisual.
- Proven experience in prospecting and developing new business, by effectively building prospect lists and strong ability to transition prospects to clients.
Skills & Requirements
- Critical thinker who can be a strategist one minute and a tactical problem solver the next.
- Someone with experience getting your “hands dirty” – you know how to get stuff done and don’t hesitate to jump in to make it happen.
- Well organized, detail oriented, and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment.
- A positive attitude and can-do attitude is a MUST.
- Bachelor degree preferred but relevant experience speaks loudest.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment; a confident team player who is motivated and customer focused.
- Must be flexible, open to change, and have the ability to shift direction and priorities often.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presenter.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to travel up to 25 % of the time.
- Ability to articulate a strong value proposition of Leviathan at the executive level.
- Research, identify and develop potential clients as well as the decision makers within the client organization.
- Design tactics to grow the number of new potential clients.
- Conduct initial conversations and/or capabilities presentations to qualify opportunities.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and Leviathan executives.
- Help to plan approaches and pitches for client engagements. Work with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Identify and schedule key industry events to attend, as well as planning/budgeting marketing activities for said events.
- Drive other marketing activities for the organization through social media, trade organizations and press.
- Collaborate with the Account team to maintain existing client relationships seeking out additional projects and referrals.
- Build and effectively manage a list of new individuals and new clients to drive business development.
- Regularly update KPIs and dashboards demonstrating our performance; analyze results and provide learnings and recommendations on how to improve the performance of new pitches
- When appropriate, cold call to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
Leviathan offers a competitive salary, 100% employer paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, fully stocked snack rack, coffee and really cute dogs.
Fast paced work environment with great people who love what they do.
Leviathan is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
To all recruitment agencies, Leviathan does not accept agency resumes. Leviathan is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Got the goods? We’d love to hear from you. APPLY HERE.